[Oberon] Oberon V4 on the Raspberry Pi?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 20:51:29 CET 2021

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 at 20:29, Serge Belyshev <belyshev at depni.sinp.msu.ru> wrote:

> > On the other hand, AFAIK, currently all versions of Project Oberon running
> > on Windows, MacOS, Linux etc. ARE emulated. In this case, the compiler
> > generates RISC5 instructions that are then 'interpreted' by a software
> > emulation of the RISC5 CPU. Each RISC5 instruction results in tens
>
> Correction:  Peter Matthias' port of Project Oberon runs natively on
> RISC-V, ARMv7 and little endian MIPS: http://oberon.wikidot.com/

You have over-trimmed your reply a bit, so I cannot tell for sure to
whom you are replying.

It may just be me, but I find that wikidot site short on solid
information and it has not been updated in a long time. Is there a
mailing list or other community anywhere where this particular project
is discussed?

Some of my questions:
* this is solely running on top of Linux, right?
* what version(s) of Oberon does it run?
* what are the Linux system requirements?
* what exactly does it emulate, or doesn't it?
* how complete/finished is it?

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com