[Oberon] Oberon V4 on the Raspberry Pi?

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Wed Jan 13 01:19:35 CET 2021

There is another ETH fork 'Insight ETHOS':

"The Ethos system is an evolutionary successor of the Oberon system, and is implemented using the language Oberon-2."

https://www.research-collection.ethz.ch/handle/20.500.11850/140827

This eventually became the basis of the commercial system Oberon/F (the framework) and then Oberon/L (the language) which then morphed into BlackBox Component Builder (the framework) and Component Pascal (the language). The Component Pascal compiler is an extended version of Regis Crelier's ETH OP2 Oberon-2 compiler.

There is still much development activity related to this, particularly in Russia:

https://blackboxframework.org

https://community.blackboxframework.org/

https://forum.oberoncore.ru/

Regards,