[Oberon] Oberon V4 on the Raspberry Pi?

Bernhard Treutwein oberon at wildwein.de
Wed Jan 13 14:37:40 CET 2021

> Joerg <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch> hat am 13.01.2021 13:49 geschrieben:
>

> LNO is strange: either its NO (Native Oberon boots on an Intel PC natively) or is hosted on Linux😊
>
> br
> Jörg

you are correct, it is strange, but it was an attempt to stay as close to Native Oberon
as possible and use Linux as an hardware abstraction layer. This made possible what
Peter Matthias has achieved in OLR: As far as I know he is using only linux syscalls
in the low level modules and has no interface to the linux loader. That is also the
reason that OLR does not have network support. Peter Matthias has two projects,
OLR at http://oberon.wikidot.com/oberon-linux-revival-olr which is dormant since 3 years
and "Project Oberon / Linux" which is using a similar approach as OLR, but for PO 2013.