[Oberon] Usenet group comp.lang.oberon is no longer accessible

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Fri Feb 5 23:49:37 CET 2021

The Usenet group 'comp.lang.oberon' which I normally access through Google
Groups has recently become unavailable with the message:

"Banned content warning: comp.lang.oberon has been identified as containing
spam, malware, or other malicious content."

https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.oberon

While it is true that spammers occasionally attacked this group (I usually
reported such attacks - maybe I shouldn't have?) there was about 30 years'
worth of historically significant discussions about Oberon contained in the
archived messages so it is an extreme case of 'throwing the baby out with
the bathwater'.

I reported the access problem to Google Groups about a week ago but haven't
heard back yet. Does anybody know how to restore access to this group?

If you are unfamiliar with what I'm talking about, see the similar Usenet
discussion group comp.lang.modula2 which is still active and accessible:

https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.modula2

Thanks,

Chris Burrows

CFB Software