[Oberon] Usenet group comp.lang.oberon is no longer accessible

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Mon Apr 12 10:52:52 CEST 2021

It is really disappointing that google does not restore access to the old post on comp.lang.oberon

Chris Burrows <chris at cfbsoftware.com>  wrote on Saturday, February 6, 2021 1:22 AM:
[...]
> However, this looks promising:
>
> https://comp.lang.oberon.narkive.com/

Searching for a post by Clemens Szyperski about ETHOS (posted 19. April 1995), which I cited in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBox_Component_Builder (Ref. 11), I realized that neither that
archive nor another one, which I found https://www.usenetarchives.com/threads.php?id=comp.lang.oberon
are complete for older posts. But I found an apparently complete mbox archive at archive.org
for posts starting in April 1993 and ending in June 2010:
https://archive.org/download/usenet-comp/comp.lang.oberon.mbox.zip/comp.lang.oberon.mbox
(that archive contains additional headers added apparently by Google, so that hypermail, see
http://www.hypermail-project.org/hypermail.html is not able to process them correctly).

Using the contact data provided on the usenetarchives page asking for incorporating the
posts from the mbox archive at archive.org, I got the following answer by Jozef Jarosciak: