[Oberon] Re (2): Re (2): Re (2): Streams.

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu May 13 14:26:13 CEST 2021

On Thu, 13 May 2021 at 00:30, eas lab <lab.eas at gmail.com> wrote:

> P.E's reply to my query makes no sence ?
> ---CRG.
> PS I'm trying to setup linux-gmail: like NativeOberon, could post &
> receive any PRE-PREPARED
> mails, in any sequence, instead of needing to be ONLINE to <prepare> the mail.
> Can pop, imap do it?

Chris, can you _please_ use proper internet quoting? Gmail does it
just fine. Click the vertical ellipsis at bottom right and pick "plain
text". Then hit Ctrl-A in the compose window to select all. This opens
your quoted text and you can trim and reply below.

To answer your question: yes, Gmail does POP3 and IMAP just fine. You
can configure this with any Linux MUA. I personally use Thunderbird,
and this enables offline replies, composition, editing etc. You only
need to go online to send and receive.

If you prefer something minimal and text-based, then Alpine, Mutt or
Neomutt all can be configured to work with Gmail.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com