[Oberon] Email; was Streams.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Thu May 13 15:29:12 CEST 2021

From:	Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>
Date:	Thu, 13 May 2021 14:26:13 +0200
> I personally use Thunderbird, and this enables offline replies,
> composition, editing etc. You only need to go online to send and
> receive.

An old topic repeated too often; IMAP is also available in A2 and POP3
is in Oberon.  Messages can be retrieved by POP3.  Messages can be
read offline.  Replies can be composed offline.  Connect and send by
SMTP.  =8~)

The discussion always reminds me of a comment by a developer of
molecular graphics software.  Paraphrasing: one tends to have more
confidence in software which the developer is willing to use.
Generalized slightly, applicable here: one tends to have more
confidence in software used by people claiming it to be good software.
=8~)

Regards,                          ... P.L.

--
tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca