[Oberon] Historical perspective; was Re (2): EE, CE, CS buildings on the ETH campus.

David Lightfoot dlightfoot at brookes.ac.uk
Wed May 26 17:32:16 CEST 2021

Dear Peter
Pleased to have helped and happy to be cited.
I first visited ETH in 1983, when I had a demonstration of *Lilith *from
Jiri Hoppe and I attended the *8. Fachtagung—Programmiersprache und
Programmentwicklung,* in 1984 and *JMLC2000*.
The department was in Clausiusstrasse in those days and also later when
Brian Kirk and I visited several times to work with Jürg Gutknecht and
Eugene Zueff on *Zonnon.*

Best regards
David

On Wed, 26 May 2021 at 15:13, <peter at easthope.ca> wrote:

> From David Lightfoot dlightfoot at ........ac.uk
> Mon May 24 12:22:20 CEST 2021
> > Niklaus Wirth's Institute of Computer Systems was on the 4th floor of the
> > Rechenzentrum, Clausiusstrasse 55; this was the location at the time of
> the
> > development of Oberon.
> > There is a photograph at:
> >   https://www.tg.ethz.ch/de/kontakt/standort/
>
> The story now includes a good color photo.
> https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon#Historical_Perspective
>
> David, the details certainly make the story more vivid but if you
> prefer that your message is not cited in the footnote just let me
> know; or remove the citation.
>
> Thx,                              ... P.L.
>
> --
> tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca

I will be working from home for the foreseeable future. If you would like
to speak to me online, please send me an email and I will make arrangements.

David Lightfoot
Senior Lecturer in Computing
Liaison manager Informatics Academy, Singapore
Erasmus+ department coordinator

School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics
Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment
Oxford Brookes University
Wheatley Campus
Oxford OX33 1HX
United Kingdom