[Oberon] Project Oberon on current 'off-the-shelf' hardware

Pablo Cayuela pablo.cayuela at gmail.com
Thu May 27 00:01:45 CEST 2021

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 5:41 PM Paul Reed <paulreed at paddedcell.com> wrote:

> Hi Pablo,
> You reminded me that my instructions for making the SD-Card and PS/2
> adapter for the original Spartan-3 board [1] were motivated/inspired by
> those who do not have instant access to such things, or who might not
> want to buy them.
> Paul

The first Oberon 2013 I put it to work was following your instructions, and
using instead of the SD adapter some scrapped SD socket from an old tablet.
But sadly a couple of years ago, Oberon did not start anymore, I don't know
why, because the FPGA and the rest of the board (the old Digilent
Spartan-3) seems to work with other projects. I rewriten many times the SD
card and try to see booting info leds following some description here on
the list to no avail. It seems Oberon is not booting at all.
That's one of the reasons for me to try new boards for reviving Oberon on
them, to showcase the system as we used to, to students of digital design
with FPGAs.

Best regards,
Prof Pablo Cayuela
Argentina