[Oberon] FPGA based machine? Was, Oberon Text and new systems for science.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sat Jun 12 18:18:37 CEST 2021

Chris Burrows cfbsoftware at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 09:05:51 CEST 2021
> I'm left wondering: your V4 software will still run today on Windows
> 10 running Linz V4 will it not? If not, why not? If it does run OK,
> what are you hoping to gain by repeating the exercise on the FPGA?

Near 49:50 in lecture "Reviving a computer system of 25 years ago -
Wirth, 2014", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXY78gPMvl0 , a similar
question was asked, with Prof. WIrth answering
"... no side doors and no back doors."

As anticipated, cyberattacks have been in the news recently.
https://www.power-technology.com/features/the-five-worst-cyberattacks-against-the-power-industry-since2014/

Criminal interference is as much a concern in science and
engineering as in banking and commerce.

Sooner or later, the Skulski machines might attract serious interest.

Regards,          ... P.L.

--
tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca