[Oberon] UEFI

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Tue Jun 15 15:24:04 CEST 2021

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 17:21:59 CET 2020
> As such, the fact that UEFI works so badly with non-MS OSes seems
> likely to be quite intentional to me, and that it only cooperates with
> big enterprise server OS vendors. The situation is difficult for small
> FOSS players and not materially improving.
> The Oberon community needs to try to ensure that Native Oberon
> and/or A2 continue to work on vanilla PC hardware.

Liam, does UEFI being proprietary and undocumented mean that Native
Oberon or A2 on contemporary machines is impossible without Herculean
reverse engineering?  Even if UEFI is navigated, the backdoor problem
remains.  Another motivation to put Oberon on the Skulski machines?

Andreas suggested RISC-V.  Can it also have a backdoor?

Regards,                            ... P.L.

--
tel: +1 604 670 0140