[Oberon] Portings Texts.Mod to Oberon-7, my Artemis project

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Sat Jun 19 04:44:57 CEST 2021

Charles Perkins [chuck at kuracali.com] wrote:

>I need to read these things more carefully. I see now that Oleg is looking at the intersection of Oberon-07 and a host system, particularly in the compiler.

When we talk of fonts, glyphs, or texts, the next logical question seems to be "how about printing?" I know that printing has been commented out in the 2013 System for somewhat obvious reasons. It may be hard to bring it back to the 1 MB system. But we now have, or soon will have, boards with more RAM. Joerg and Magnus implemented more memory on Pipistrello, I am providingt 4 MB on my board, EMARD's board has 32 MB. So printing is becoming a possibility.

The 2013 System is lacking connectivity. I heard that Joerg implemented W5500 which is talking to the Ethernet. My new forthcoming board will have it too. I wonder whether it can become a path to printing.

Thanks,
Wojtek