[Oberon] Re (2): Copy or reinstall A2?

Pablo Cayuela pablo.cayuela at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 21:17:33 CEST 2021

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 10:42 AM Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 at 20:43, Pablo Cayuela <pablo.cayuela at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > I forget to mention the information gathered some months ago about the
source, gathered by Prof Gerardo Ospina, that I've forked and shared on
Github:

> > https://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/oberon/2021/015595.html
> > Please check that.
>
> That is good info. Perhaps make it a text file and add it to the
> Github repo for others to find more easily?
>

> --
> Liam Proven – Profile: https://about.me/liamproven

Liam,
I'm just checking that there is some news on the repositories by Prof
Gerardo Ospina sharing all the recovered source codes that he received 20
something years ago.

Please check his rearranged github on Project Oberon:

https://github.com/Project-Oberon

You will find Native, DOS and CERES Oberon source codes!

Project Oberon Source Code
Project Oberon is a single user operating system developed by Niklaus Wirth
and Jurg Gutknecht. The Oberon operating system was originally developed as
part of the NS32032-based CERES workstation project.
CERES Oberon V2: Main developers, Niklaus Wirth and Jurg Gutknecht. The
sources from the book "Project Oberon".
CERES Oberon V4: Main developers, Niklaus Wirth and Jurg Gutknecht.
DOS Oberon System 3 Release 2.0: Main developer, Andreas R. Distelli.
Native Oberon System 3 Release 2.06 BETA: Main Developer, Pieter J. Muller.
https://github.com/Project-Oberon/Source-Code

Also documentation and ROM of Ceres:
CERES (Computing Engine for Research Engineering and Science [sic]) is a
single-user computer based on the 32-bit microprocessor NS32000
https://github.com/Project-Oberon/CERES

Binaries that I already tried on DOSBOX, all working:
https://github.com/Project-Oberon/DOSOberon

And on his nominal github there are additional material that by now I only
take a look:

Oberon System (for DOS/386) [He tells me it is an experimental fail
rebuilding of DOSOberon from source code]:
https://github.com/ngospina/DOSOberon

Bare Metal programming on the RaspberryPi using C and Oberon:
https://github.com/ngospina/RaspberryPi

I hope you will find all of that useful or informative.
I've already done some forks to keep copies for me.

Best Regards,
Prof Pablo Cayuela