[Oberon] Re (2): Keyboard input in ETH Oberon.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Wed Aug 4 18:34:02 CEST 2021

Hellwig and Jörg,

Thanks for your replies.  With fog dispersed, the mountainous scenery
is pleasant.  =8~)

Incorporating your explanations into the wikibook.  Criticisms always
welcome.

From:	Hellwig Geisse <hellwig.geisse at mni.thm.de>
Date:	Wed, 4 Aug 2021 11:57:31 +0200
> CALL L1 (with the label L1 directly following the call) pushes
> the return address onto the stack, in this case the numerical
> value of L1.

In the Talk page associated with the module page, I've added comments
with links.

Module page
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/ETH_Oberon/2003-01-05/Input.Mod

Talk page
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Talk:Oberon/ETH_Oberon/2003-01-05/Input.Mod

> [DB] The assembler directive to deposit the following bytes into
> memory.

Haven't found a good explanation of that in
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/X86_Assembly/ .
It is rated only half finished.  DB may be something to add.

From:	=?UTF-8?B?SsO2cmc=?= <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch>
Date:	Wed, 4 Aug 2021 12:33:55 +0200
> The 80X and 83X are the Oberon coding of Auml and auml. Has nothing
> to do with ASCII or Latin-1 or Unicode. It's Oberon coding used by the
> Oberon font engine.

Characters above 127X are not in
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/ETH_Oberon/2003-01-05/Input.Mod
yet.  Will fix that.  Ideally the translation should be handled
automatically in MediaWiki.Mod.  (When I think MediaWiki.Mod is
finished another deficiency appears.)

Thanks again,                    ... P.

--
48.7693 N 123.3053 W