[Oberon] Re (2): Keyboard input in ETH Oberon.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sat Aug 7 06:07:30 CEST 2021

From:	Michael Schierl <schierlm at gmx.de>
Date:	Thu, 5 Aug 2021 22:04:25 +0200
> https://github.com/schierlm/NativeOberon-2.3.6-Extracted/blob/master/FullInstall_ASCII/Input.Mod#L113
>
> Non-ASCII characters got lost due to Native2ASCII conversion.

There Compiler.Obj is present but Compiler.Mod is absent.

At the top of page
https://github.com/schierlm/NativeOberon-2.3.6-Extracted/tree/master/FullInstall
is notice
"Sorry, we had to truncate this directory to 1,000 files. 155 entries were omitted from the list."

Related to the absent Compiler.Mod?

> ... basically is US-ASCII from 00X to 7FX, with the exception that 0AX to
> 0FX are "hollow right-facing triangle", "filled right-facing triangle",
> "hollow square", "filled square", "hollow left-facing-triangle", "filled
> left-facing triangle" and 9BX is a left arrow.

Fit all required characters into one set of 8 bit characters and avoid
dealing with multiple character sets?

> > (6) Why is 0FFX necessary?
>
> To tell the loop in
> https://github.com/schierlm/NativeOberon-2.3.6-Extracted/blob/master/FullInstall_ASCII/Input.Mod#L267
> that it should terminate in case somebody is heretic enough to press a
> key that is not defined by the translation table.

OK, thanks,                        ... P.L.

--
48.7693 N 123.3053 W
tel: +1 604 670 0140