[Sans] /sans/: First ETH sysadmin meeting: 2010-05-28, 1600

Nico Schottelius nico.schottelius at inf.ethz.ch
Mon May 3 14:45:22 CEST 2010

Dear sysadmins (*),

We're very happy to announce the first sysadmin meeting in ETH organised by
/sans/.

## Background

Steven and I, both sysadmins at the D-INFK, met by accident some time ago.
Since then we discovered a lot of information, ideas, projects and help
that made our life as sysadmins much easier. That was the start of the
SysAdmiNS (/sans/) project.

## Motivation

As we see that many sysadmins (or groups of sysadmins) here are missing a lot
of information and some work is repeated a lot of times in ETH, we think
it is a good idea to establish a sysadmin meeting.

## Meeting 2010-05-28

We would like to invite you to the first sysadmin meeting in the CAB building
(meeting point: cab/e/79) at 1600 on the **last Friday** of May 2010. If you and us
have a lot of fun, we plan to organise it regulary every last Friday in the month.

### Topics

 * A short introduction to /sans/ and our aims
 * How to configure DNS without using NetIP
 * Free time for meeting with other sysadmins

## More information

(*) If you are not a sysadmin, please forward to your sysadmins.

You can find more information about /sans/ at https://sans.ethz.ch/.