[Sans] Slow wiki due to missing Kerberos server

Nico Schottelius nico.schottelius at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Nov 19 16:16:59 CET 2010

Hello systems, sans, ID,

our wiki has been pretty slow in the last weeks. The reason
for that is that someone disabled
the kdc 82.130.116.12 (novo.d.ethz.ch), which we are using
in the krb5.conf on our wiki server sgssr240003.ethz.ch.

As our Apache uses mod_krb5, every request checks for a valid ticket.

Unfortunately though it seems that ID does not publish their Kerberos / AD server list
nor does answer requests on that topic.

That said, I removed novo.d.ethz.ch from the krb5.conf manually
and the wiki runs fast again.

Cheers,

Nico

--
Systems Group Sysadmin        Tel: +41 (0) 44 632 76 09        D-INFK/ETH Zurich