[Sans] Reminder and Update for meeting tomorrow!

Nico Schottelius nico.schottelius at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Apr 26 00:39:13 CEST 2011

Good morning Sysadmins,

this is a reminder about our meeting tomorrow, focussing
on configuration management. We'll have a presentation
about cdist [0] as well as Config5, written and used by
ISG D-INFK [1].

It'll probably be one of the most interesting meetings so far!

Cheers,

Nico

[0] http://www.nico.schottelius.org/software/cdist/
[1] Short abstract from Luca Previtali:
---
Config5 is an open source configuration management utility for UNIX
systems. It is particularly well
suited to manage large numbers of systems in a heterogeneous enterprise
where the configuration differs
in the various organizational units.

Configuration data can be edited centrally, making configuration changes
an easy, straightforward,
transparent, and traceable process. Configuration data can be verified
for consistency which makes
deployment more resilient to human errors.

Config5 is highly customizable and extendable to support a broad
variation of UNIX and UNIX-like
operating systems.
---

--
Systems Group Sysadmin        Tel: +41 (0) 44 632 76 09        D-INFK/ETH Zurich