[Sans] Anybody interested in a talk about moosefs / lizardfs?

Peter aNeutrino aneutrino at lizardfs.org
Sun Oct 6 23:06:54 CEST 2013

Hi Steven :)
I am back from spain (it was amazing time)

> I think it would be nice to have a workshop instead of just a plain talk.
> How did you do this during your talks in the US/Spain?

I have several virtual machines and people can ssh to my laptop.
so we still need to use laptop of users for it but they are safe that only
my machine is affected.
we need also wifi (sometimes I used my phone to be acces-point/hot spot but
it only works for less than 5 users)

we always share screen session so everybody can see what we are doing (it
is better than projector usually)

> What do you need for this infrastructure wise? I can round up a bunch of
> laptops, desktops, vm's, switches - tell me what you need. I can bootstrap
> an ubuntu 12.04 on them.

We can also build real storage and play with removing cables from the
switch during WRITE/READ operation :)
Could be more fun!
we can have less machines than people and share screen on projector
we need at least 4 machines to make real show: 3 chunk servers, 1x
metalogger, (my laptop can act as a master server)
pure ubuntu 12.04 will work just fine :)

+1

> How much time would you reserve for such a workshop? Half a day, a day?

4 hours is enough.
if you want code we need another day for introduction to the code style :p
I am kidding ... 4 hours is perfect.

> Then, based on that, please send me a list of dates/times on which you are
> available / our meeting can take place.

I will be available all time from 17th october 13:00 to  22nd October 23:00
you can suggest it in doodle.
after doodle is done and everybody voted (let say 15th of october) I will
set up another meeting with other users and friends in ZRH :)

> I'll then create a doodle and send that around. Once we have an estimation
> of how many people will attend, I'll go hunting for a room.

doodle is great idea !
what about beer after workshops ?
I will be more than happy to pay for first 20 beers for participants of the
workshop :)