[Sans] Anybody interested in a talk about moosefs / lizardfs?

Steven Armstrong steven.armstrong at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Sep 19 21:57:19 CEST 2013

Hi all

Long time no see, hope you are all fine ;-)

One of the developers of lizardfs (formerly moosefs) contacted me. Peter
aNeutrino may be in Zurich in October.

If anybody else is interested I could ask him to give a talk.

moosefs is a rather interesting beast, think of it as a glusterfs
alternative that has usable documentation and actually works.

We looked at it as a possible solution for cluster scratch space,
storage of virtual machine images and archival of project data. The
tests were promising, but as my boss is retiring in January 2014 it did
not make sense to deploy it. Pity, wish we would have known this 6 years
ago ;-)

Anyway, maybe of interest for some of you - I guess you have similar
problems as we did.

Best wishes,
Steven

BTW: I am looking for a new job as of February 2014. If you hear/know
something I'd appreciate a ping.
--
Steven Armstrong
Institute of Computational Science, ETH Zurich