[SCION] VPN configuration failure

Matthew McCormack mmccorm1 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 11 18:07:33 CET 2019

Hello,

In attempting to setup an AS (attached to the ETHZ-AP), I am experiencing
an issue (at least one reported by the webapp) with the VPN. I built the AS
from debian packages. I can ping a SCION AP, but when I attempt to send an
SCMP echo message, I receive the following error message: CRIT:
SCIOND unable to retrieve paths: SCIOND experienced an internal error

The webapp reports that the VPN configuration test fails with the following
message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File \"\", line 3, in
StopIteration

As a side note, the webapp reports that the SCMP test passes, but does not
report the host's public IP address but the address of a different NIC on
the machine. When I attempt to manually send an SCMP echo, I receive the
error message above about SCIONd not being able to retrieve paths.

I am not receiving any SCION beacon messages. The only items in the log are
for starting periodic tasks.

Very Respectfully,
Matt McCormack