[Scion] Unable to run SCION after update

Juan A. García-Pardo juagargi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 14:50:30 CEST 2019

Hi Siddharth,
Answering your questions inline:

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 2:27 PM Siddharth Mehrotra <the4daspect at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
> Thanks for the update, it is really helpful.
>
> 1) After checking status of my connection to SCION, I see
> ● ├─scion-border-router at 17-ffaa_1_c32-1.service
> ● ├─scion-border-router at 17-ffaa_1_c32-1.service
>
> as marked RED in color. I could not understand why this happened on first
> place, just after running vagrant ssh and  systemctl list-dependencies
> scionlab.target
>
> This appears even after restarting SCION services.
>
> 2) Still I can't find tun0 while running command ip a. The only tunnel
> interfaces appearing are: lo & enp0s3.

You still have a problem with the VPN. This also explains the first
problem, where the BR would fail (it cannot bind to the specified address,
because it's a VPN address). For that, can you send me your configuration
TGZ (directly to me, not to the list)?

3) Is Scion web-app available?
> I get this error: -bash: cd: /src/github.com/netsec-ethz: No such file or
> directory while navigating to web-apps.

scion web-app is not yet available, as we are still packaging applications.
You can always build the apps yourself, but if you are interested only in
running them, and not extending them, I would wait some days until we are
done with packaging the apps.