[SCION] Connection failure w/ sciond on local topology.

Frei Matthias matthias.frei at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 23 16:24:38 CET 2020

Hi Michael,

you're not doing anything wrong. There's recently been a change  in SCION "upstream" and it looks like we've not updated all the related documentation yet: communication with sciond is not over a unix socket anymore but over TCP. Instead of SCION_DAEMON_SOCKET, you now need to set SCION_DAEMON_ADDRESS. This is the related change in scion-apps: https://github.com/netsec-ethz/scion-apps/pull/130

The default address is 127.0.0.1:30255. When running multiple local ASes, you can find the IP addresses of the different scionds in their individual sd.toml configuration files, or in gen/sciond_addresses.json (a helper file for the integration tests).

Unfortunately this is not very usage friendly -- I preferred to unix sockets, for that matter.

Hope this helps. I will update the scion-apps README as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Matthias