[SCION] Some Questions for diploma Thesis (SCIONLab)

mauro.casanova at canet.ch mauro.casanova at canet.ch
Sat May 9 18:26:39 CEST 2020

Hi Juan

Thanks for your feedback and please excuse the late reply. Due to the workload, I didn't get to continue working on my SCION project.

But now I installed my two ASes. The first is running on a Raspberry Pi 4 connected via WLAN. In the second AS I use a VM for the Control Service and a Apu Board as a Border Router. For this setup, I already had to work with the topology files, thanks for your input about this. However, after a few hours of testing and configuration, I was not able to establish a stable connection. Sometime I have an connection and sometimes I got the failure: CRIT: Failed to retrieve paths from SCIOND: Path lookup had an error err_code="SCIOND experienced an internal error"

The scion-apps are working, just the Webapps have some issues. (As already discussed in the mails with Hyok)

Now my next goal is to configure also the second AS correctly (with control Service on a VM and Border Router on the Apu Board), and to configure a peering Link between the two ASes.

I haven’t really figured out how to build the topology files and configure it properly.

For an better overview I gave inserted my network map in this LINK <https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkcX1uSBJ03I2god_o2xMYvJRGaj?e=n6YaWx> .

I would really appreciate it, if I could continue to discuss my project with you on your Matrix or Slack channel.

Many thanks for your Support and best regards.

Mauro