[SCION] Carbon aware SCION networking

Seyedali Tabaeiaghdaei tabaeeali at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 14:47:49 CET 2021

Hi Chris,

It is 7 GW, so it is 7 GJ/sec. Yes, our calculation showed that we can save
around 30 % of core network power consumption. By core I do not mean SCION
core, I mean IP-over-WDM networks including core routers. I shared the
document (an overleaf doc) with your email address. Our base numbers and
model come from previous papers in this field and I tried to be as accurate
and as realistic as possible. I would appreciate it if you help us on
finding more realistic/accurate/up-to-date numbers or models.

Best Regards,

Seyedali