[Barrelfish-users] Barrelfish Intel SCC port

M. David Peterson m.david at 3rdandurban.com
Tue Sep 28 18:16:04 MEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:45 PM, Timothy Roscoe <troscoe at inf.ethz.ch>wrote:

> Dear Peter,
>
> There are - it will be included in the next Barrelfish source
> release.

Is there any feel as to when that release will be made available? That's not
meant to imply any level of pressure to get it out sooner rather than later.
You'll get it out when you get it out. But if you were to suggest that the
process of pulling together the next release was well underway and to expect
to see that release before the end of this year then I will be certain to
mentally allocate plenty of time over the holidays to dig right in to the
code base of the next iteration of this wonderful project in which I've
already learned more than I've learned reading the source of any other
operating system project including multiple variations of Linux, *BSD,
OpenSolaris, and even Windows CE (of which I was a member of the pre1.0 to
post2.0 team)

Keep up the great work!  This is truly exciting stuff!

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
Email: m.david at 3rdandUrban.com
Voice: (801) 793-8390
http://3rdandUrban.com | http://mdavidpeterson.com