[Barrelfish] [Barrelfish-users] how to run barrelfish on virtual machine

Timothy Roscoe troscoe at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Sep 28 19:43:00 MEST 2010

Hi there,

Barrelfish should be fine in most virtual machines, as it's not very
demanding of the hardware.  We routinely test Barrelfish in Qemu; if
you type "make simulate" in your build tree you should see Barrelfish
boot.

Ubuntu 10.04 is what most of us use as our development environment.

Barrelfish also boots fine in HyperV.  We haven't tried Xen, VMware,
or KVM though.  If you do, please let us know how it went.

Best regards,

 -- Mothy