[Barrelfish-users] gdb and qemu

Georgios Varisteas yorgos at kth.se
Mon Dec 5 16:56:08 CET 2011

Hello,

How does the gdb-qemu combination exactly bootstraps? I tried the debugsim target and also studied/played with the commands manually but I can't figure out what to do when the gdb prompt comes up. Run obviously fails and I shouldn't have to attach gdb as the debug script does that. But still qemu does not run cause I do not get any output on stdout. A quick and dirty run-through of the involved commands and logic would be sufficient. Thanks in advance.

--Georgios