[Barrelfish-users] Messages in Barrelfish

Zeus Gómez Marmolejo zeus.gomez at bsc.es
Sun Jul 17 19:02:29 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I need some help with the message infrastructure.

I made a very simple example where core 0 is sending n messages to core 1
using the UMP backend. Core 1 is just waiting and dispatching messages.

So the problem is that I can not manage to send more than 31 messages to
core 1. The message 32 is sent but core 1 doesn't receive it. The error I
get is:

Failure: (       flounder) Cannot queue message for transmit: queue is full
[FLOUNDER_ERR_TX_BUSY]

In the meantime all other 31 messages have been dispatched and received by
core 1 but the sending error keeps on, so no more messages can be sent.
Message 32 seems to be on queue but never dispatched.

Do you have any idea about this?? Is there any way to flush the queue?

Thank you very much for your help!!

--
Zeus Gómez Marmolejo
Barcelona Supercomputing Center