[Barrelfish-users] Barrelfish repository

Alan Kligman alan.kligman at gmail.com
Thu May 19 20:32:39 CEST 2011

I run Arch linux on my machine, so I had a similar problem. I
downloaded GHC 6.x and created a toolchain directory inside the
barrelfish root. When you compile GHC, pass '--prefix=<your toolchain
directory>' to the configure script and when you install it the
binaries will go into <your toolchain directory>/bin, which you should
add to your path. You can also build and install GHC modules privately
in your barrelfish toolchain. This way, you can update your system
packages without breaking your barrelfish environment.