[Barrelfish-users] error running barrelfish on QEMU

Abhishek Kulkarni adkulkar at indiana.edu
Fri May 20 04:34:30 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am trying the latest release: 2011-03-01, build: x86_32 in QEMU: ver
0.14.0, but run into the following error:

ERROR: pci.0 in AcpiOsInstallInterruptHandler()
../usr/pci/acpica_osglue.c:831
ERROR: failed to route interrupt
Failure: (            pci) Unknown global system interrupt number
[PCI_ERR_UNKNOWN_GSI]
ACPI Exception: AE_ERROR, Unable to install System Control Interrupt handler
(20091013/evevent-257)
pci_service: AcpiEnableSubsystem failed
Assertion failed on core 0 in pci: r == 0, function init_acpi, file
../usr/pci/acpi.c, line 728.
Aborted

Can someone help me figure out what's wrong? I have attached the complete
log with PCI and ACPI debug flags turned on.

Thanks,
Abhishek