[Barrelfish-users] No serial input

Simon Gerber simu at vis.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 8 13:06:21 CET 2011

Hi,

 From what I can tell, if terminal_want_stdin needs to look up and bind
to the serial service, the code after the lookup runs before the bind_cb
completes and thus the check for state->serial != NULL before
associating stdin fails and terminal_want_stdin returns with SYS_ERR_OK
without having actually grabbed stdin.

I assume this should be fixed by busy-waiting on the completion of
serial_bind_cb? Or is there a better way of doing this?

Cheers,

-- Simon Gerber