[Barrelfish-users] publish/subscribe with send, notify and wait

Tim Harris (RESEARCH) tharris at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 5 12:15:16 CEST 2011

Hi Lucian,

One other option to consider are the AC primitives for writing message passing programs:

	http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/tharris/papers/2011-oopsla.pdf

Note that the source code uses the name "THC" instead of "AC".

There's a simple example in the source tree in usr/tests/thcidctest.  This example shows how to write a client and a server, and the use of the AC-style blocking primitives along with the ASYNC and FINISH constructs for allowing other work to proceed while waiting for a response.  The thcidctest example also shows the lines you need in the Hakefile to link with the AC runtime system and to generate the AC stubs from a Flounder interface.

 --Tim