[Barrelfish-users] Building X86_64 problem

Borislav Nikolic borni at isep.ipp.pt
Fri Sep 2 15:13:27 CEST 2011

Hi Simon!

Thanks for the patch, you were right! I confirm that applying the patch on
usr/fish/Hakefile (extending flounderExtraBindings) solved the problem and I
assume that I booted the Barrelfish correctly. It produced the following
output:
No bootscript
fish v0.2 -- pleased to meet you!

I also assume that I managed to successfully boot the Barrelfish on gem5
X86_FS with "opt" build. However, the output produced was slightly different
and I couldn't use the shell commands, like I was in aforementioned boot
(qemu). Produced output is:
No bootscript
hellotest.1: Hello world (debug_printf)
Hello world (normal printf)