[Barrelfish-users] Recent changes

Timothy Roscoe troscoe at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Sep 2 17:08:41 CEST 2011

By the way, some of you may have noticed that in the last couple of
days we've pushed some changes to the tree; briefly:

 - We now have more complete process management, including process
   termination, etc. available from fish.

 - There's now a network driver for the eMAC ethernet interfaces on
   the Intel SCC, together with a new SCC memory map, support for the
   SCC software UART, and other SCC-improvements.

 - Lots more POSIX-like functionality has been added to help with
   porting applications, including a socket interface.

 - Support for multihop message bindings (cores no longer need to
   be directly connected to establish bindings).

 - Improved support for performance counters and profiling.

 - Booting from a start script.

 - A number of miscellaneous bug fixes.

Best regards,

 -- Mothy pp. the Barrelfish team