[Barrelfish-users] How to write a self-replicating service

Georgios Varisteas yorgos at kth.se
Mon Sep 19 16:51:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

I would like to ask for the appropriate methodology (API-wise) and structure to use for a service which, when run on a core, will automatically spawn other instances of itself on other cores (not necessarily all available)? A perfect, already implemented example is the monitor. However, by looking into its source code I couldn't get a generic methodology, so i though to ask here before basing my code on the wrong assumptions.

Also, what do the initials BSP [core] stand for?

Best regards,
Georgios Varisteas