[Barrelfish-users] System V Shared memory

Baumann Andrew andrewb at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Feb 16 17:18:11 CET 2012

Hi Zeus,

This is an implementation bug in chips: it doesn't handle the TX_BUSY error (and gets away with it, because most clients use chips only as an RPC service). It would be possible to fix that by queuing up the sends, as we do in other services, but I'm not in a hurry to do that as I believe there was a masters project at ETH to replace chips with something better... perhaps someone can fill us in on the status of this, and if there are any merge plans?

Andrew