[Barrelfish-users] Run barrelfish on arm-architecture in Qemu

Daniel Röhrig daniel.roehrig at mailbox.tu-berlin.de
Sun Jun 10 19:11:55 CEST 2012

Hello Kornilios,

sorry for the late reply. Somehow your email got burried under a flood
of messages and I didn't notice you had answered until I cleaned up the
mess.

I will try to set up a virtual machine with your environment, since I
was unable to convince my debian unstable to install the right packages.

But could it be that our way of invoking qemu is the real problem? We
have to use our own qemu since our test-server already has qemu-kvm
installed and refuses to start anything arm-like. That's why we start
qemu like this:

~/qemu/arm-softmmu/./qemu-system-arm -kernel arm/sbin/cpu.bin -nographic
-no-reboot -m 256 -initrd arm/romfs.cpio

That should work, right?

Best regards,
Daniel