[Barrelfish-users] Barrelfish arm_gem5

Kornilios Kourtis kornilios.kourtis at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Jun 19 16:39:35 CEST 2012

Hi Daniel,

I'm adding the barrelfish list to the recipients.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 03:43:52PM +0200, Daniel Röhrig wrote:
> just a few quick questions: There is a arm_gem5 Folder in the
> barrelfish tree. What is the difference to the normal build?

arm_gem5 targets an ARMv7-a simulated by Gem5.

> Should we work on that one or stick to the normal arm?

Without knowing the goals of your work, this is a somewhat difficult
question to answer. Note, however, that arm_gem5 is very much work in
progress and is in many ways incomplete (e.g., booting multiple cores is
currently not supported AFAIK).

> Does the patch you gave us also work on the arm_gem5?

I haven't tried that.

cheers,
Kornilios.

--