[Barrelfish-users] Booting Barrelfish on NUMA architecture

Gerd Zellweger zgerd at student.ethz.ch
Mon Jun 25 07:51:18 CEST 2012

Hi Ke Ding,

There is a bug in the SKB that prevents it from using high memory addresses (i.e., >32 bit) for bus programming. I suspect this is the problem you are facing here. In case you are not using PCI(e) hardware you can just remove the PCI service (and probably serial) from the menu.lst file in order get rid of the error. Barrelfish will continue to work just fine except that you may not be able to use networking etc.

Gerd