[Barrelfish-users] LMP bind() error

Zeus Gómez Marmolejo zeus.gomez at bsc.es
Thu May 10 15:49:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm often getting an error in the SCC that shouldn't happen according to
the source code. So here I am asking for some help. I get this error:

ERROR: testam.0 in send_bind_reply()
../../bf-scc/lib/barrelfish/lmp_chan.c:235

when I print the error this is what I get:

Failure: (  libbarrelfish) Attempt to register for an event on a channel
which is already registered [LIB_ERR_CHAN_ALREADY_REGISTERED]

The code is the following (on lib/barrelfish/lmp_chan.c):

    err = st->b->tx_vtbl.bind_lmp_reply_monitor(st->b, NOP_CONT,
st->args.err,
                                                st->args.mon_id,
st->args.conn_id,
                                                st->args.ep);
    if (err_is_ok(err)) {
        event_mutex_unlock(&b->mutex);
        free(st);
    } else if (err_no(err) == FLOUNDER_ERR_TX_BUSY) {
        err = st->b->register_send(st->b, st->b->waitset,
                                   MKCONT(send_bind_reply,st));
        assert(err_is_ok(err)); // shouldn't fail, as we have the mutex

As the last line indicates, it shouldn't fail as we have the mutex. But it
fails anyway... The user code is working well on the x86_64 arch with the
UMP driver.

any ideas?

Many thanks,

--