[Barrelfish-users] Error compiling Barrelfish

Shawn Furrow sfurrow at vt.edu
Wed May 30 17:09:04 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I am getting these errors while compiling Barrelfish. I simply followed the
instructions on the Barrelfish website. Any ideas? Let me know if I need to
provide more information of some kind.

../usr/pci/pci.c: In function ‘assign_bus_numbers’:
../usr/pci/pci.c:496: error: dereferencing pointer ‘addr.1523’ does break
strict-aliasing rules
../usr/pci/pci.c:496: note: initialized from here
At top level:
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-unused-but-set-variable"

Thanks,
Shawn

--
Virginia Tech
Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering