[Barrelfish-users] New version of glibc?

Robert Radkiewicz rrad at kth.se
Thu Oct 18 18:06:09 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am working on porting Barrelfish on the TilePro64 architecture and
have a problem now with the libc.

Tilera has an own distribution of the glibc, containing the
tilera-specific header files. These files are also included in the
latest release (2.16) of the official glibc distribution from gnu.org.
Additionally they have an own distribution of the newlib.

Initially I wasn't able to just use one of the distributions, because
some redefinitions happened, so I copied some of the newlib files (the
ones with the right #ifdefs) into the barrelfish release, but no I have
some subtile bugs, occuring through mixed version. I now found out the
newlib release from Tilera seems to base on a version of 2004, so some
of the inner interface are changed.

So I am back on trying to use a whole release including the Tilera
files. Since the newlib files are old, I think using the glibc is the
better option here. Can someone give me some directions, what the steps
to include a new version of glibc are or describe the way you used to
start with them initially?

Thanks,
Robert