[Barrelfish-users] New version of glibc?

Robert Radkiewicz rrad at kth.se
Tue Oct 23 15:26:35 CEST 2012

Hi,

I managed to get the newlib into the barrelfish-tree and compiling it
with hake, but the problems arise when parts of barrelfish are compiled
and the definitions of functions or variables don't fit together. I'm
not an expert in the libc, I'm just using it, so I think I have to shift
that part to the future for the moment.
I am even unsure, if the problem I had in the first place would be
solved, because I stepped over some compiling errors there.

I get some wrong values when printing (!) 64 bit characters which are
lying on the stack, the lower or upper 32 bits maybe cluttered. Printing
it 32-bit wise works. I guess some of the definitions for the data type
are not consistent, because I need to specify an "l" as printf-argument
for printing a uint32_t variable, which should not be necessary. The
sizeof-from all the types give the expected values. So far I did not
notice any wrong calculations with 64bit-values.

Any suggestions where to search?

Thanks,
Robert