[Barrelfish-users] Two different issues (menu.lst.scc, building the last release)

Hegazi, Abdel Rahman Farag Abdel Hakim ahegazi at connect.hku.hk
Mon Jun 3 12:57:57 CEST 2013

Hello,
I actually have two issues:

1- It seems you rely on ghc 7.xx to build this last release as I see the
option  "-rtsopts=all" is only  available in the recent ghc build, so I
commented this line as I use ghc 6.10.4 but building it with this line
commented gives this output

Install directory defaulting to '.'
Source directory is ..
Architectures to build: "scc"
Creating a local hake directory...
Setting up hake build directory...
Creating new symbolic_targets.mk file.
Building hake...
ghc: no input files
Usage: For basic information, try the `--help' option.
../hake/hake.sh: line 135: ../hake/Main.hs: Permission denied

This should be working normally using the old release but do you have
any explanation why this "permission denied"  I really have zero exp with
haskell to trace this Main.hs

2- Could somebody explain what is meant by those three lines in menu.lst.scc
# RCK memory map
# 624MB private RAM
mmap    map 0x0     0x27000000  1
 # 1GB shared RAM (over all MCs) in the middle of address space
mmap    map     0x80000000      0x40000000      1
# 16MB more private RAM (bootup jump is in here, too)
mmap    map 0xff000000  0x1000000   1

And what is the difference between this and the default mapping in the lut?

Abdel Rahman Hegazi
PhD student, Computer Science,
University of Hong Kong.
E-mail : abdo.hegazi at connect.hku.hk <ahegazi at hku.hk>