[Barrelfish-users] new release

Kornilios Kourtis kornilios.kourtis at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Nov 18 14:22:12 CET 2013

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce that a new release of Barrelfish is available.
As usual, our code is available at http://hg.barrelfish.org/barrelfish
either as a tarball or as a mercurial repository.

We have not done a release for a while, so there are a number of
interesting additions to Barrelfish:
 - MMCHS driver for OMAP4 platform.
   (for now: one-block-at-a-time, SDHC supported, SD/MMC cards not yet
   supported)
 - USB support for pandaboard (+USB keyboard driver)
   [Done by Reto Achermann for his BSc thesis]
 - M3 core support for pandaboard
   [Done by Claudio Föllmi for his BSc thesis]
 - kernel support for booting multiple cores in the pandaboard
   (the user-space part is not quite ready yet)
 - Several bugfixes/improvements

In a related note, we are also thinking about switching to git.  If you
have any opinions on such a switch (either in favor or against), please
let us know.

cheers,
Kornilios.

--