[Barrelfish-users] Conditions of thread movement

Simon Peter speter at inf.ethz.ch
Sat Feb 1 08:02:31 CET 2014

domain_thread_move should be considered experimental. Thread state is
not moved with the thread and, as such, the function only works when the
thread is newly created and has never executed.

It was implemented to support Linux programs, some of which first create
a thread with pthread_create() and then pin it to a core using
sched_setaffinity. We can emulate that behavior using domain_thread_move.

Simon