[Barrelfish-users] barrelfish help!

Antonio Barbalace antoniob at vt.edu
Mon Nov 3 18:56:46 CET 2014

Dear all,

I am now trying to run the bomp experiments.

Just to make some context, I am using a tftp server. bomp_benchmark_ft is
loaded by the menu.lst/grub (maybe is not the right way to do it). I am
attaching menu.lst.

This is what happen when I am loading bomp_benchmark_ft (also without
arguments, the same errors are reported during boot):

> bomp_benchmark_ft
cap_copy failed for src_slot = 0, dest_slot = 5
ERROR: spawnd.0 in spawn_with_caps_handler() ../usr/spawnd/service.c:352
ERROR: spawn
Failure: (          spawn) Failure while loading [SPAWN_ERR_LOAD]
Failure: (         libelf) Nested failure in allocator function
[ELF_ERR_ALLOCATE]
Failure: (  libbarrelfish) Failure in cap_copy() [LIB_ERR_CAP_COPY]
Failure: (         kernel) Error looking up source capability
[SYS_ERR_SOURCE_CAP_LOOKUP]
Failure: (         kernel) Exceeded depth limit of CSpace
[SYS_ERR_DEPTH_EXCEEDED]
bomp_benchmark_ft: error spawning: Failure while loading
ERROR: fish.0 in execute_program() ../usr/fish/fish.c:102
ERROR: Spawning Error

> [...]

[ELF_ERR_ALLOCATE]
Failure: (  libbarrelfish) Failure in cap_copy() [LIB_ERR_CAP_COPY]
Failure: (         kernel) Error looking up source capability
[SYS_ERR_SOURCE_CAP_LOOKUP]
Failure: (         kernel) Exceeded depth limit of CSpace
[SYS_ERR_DEPTH_EXCEEDED]
bomp_benchmark_ft: error spawning: Failure while loading
ERROR: fish.0 in execute_program() ../usr/fish/fish.c:102
ERROR: Spawning Error

Failure: (          spawn) Failure while loading [SPAWN_ERR_LOAD]
Failure: (         libelf) Nested failure in allocator function
[ELF_ERR_ALLOCATE]
Failure: (  libbarrelfish) Failure in cap_copy() [LIB_ERR_CAP_COPY]
Failure: (         kernel) Error looking up source capability
[SYS_ERR_SOURCE_CAP_LOOKUP]
Failure: (         kernel) Exceeded depth limit of CSpace

many thanks,
Antonio

email: antoniob at vt.edu