[Barrelfish-users] tracing framework

Antonio Barbalace antoniob at vt.edu
Mon Nov 17 15:46:31 CET 2014

Dear all,

I am now trying to boot with the tracing framework enabled in order to
debug what is going on with the applications I am testing. Therefore I have
enabled tracing in build/hake/Congif.hs (following suggestions I tried with
and without "trace_disable_lrpc" enabled). However I get the error
attached. It is about memory. Can you please advice?

addr2line -a -p -f -e monitor 43b758
0x000000000043b758: refill_slabs at
lib/barrelfish/target/x86_64/pmap_target.c:463 (discriminator 1)

static errval_t refill_slabs(struct pmap_x86 *pmap, size_t request)
{
    errval_t err;
        /* If we do not have enough slabs to map the frame in, recurse */
        size_t required_slabs_for_frame = max_slabs_for_mapping(bytes);
        if (slab_freecount(&pmap->slab) < required_slabs_for_frame) {
            // If we recurse, we require more slabs than to map a single
page
            assert(required_slabs_for_frame > 4);

many thanks,
Antonio