[Barrelfish-users] New Barrelfish Release

Simon Gerber simon.gerber at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 19 17:25:53 CET 2014

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce a new release of Barrelfish. The new version
contains 10 commits, 7 of which are various bug fixes while the other
three make changes to the Barrelfish build system and tools.

The changes to the build system and tools change the platform on which
we run nightly Barrelfish builds to *Ubuntu LTS 14.04*. To make things
easier, from this release onward the officially supported versions of
compilers etc. will be the versions shipped with Ubuntu 14.04.
Additionally, we will be making changes to the build system and code to
make sure Barrelfish will build when tools provided by Ubuntu 14.04 change.
You can see the README or wiki.barrelfish.org/Getting_Started to get a
list of tools that are needed to build Barrelfish.

As a reminder: we no longer publish the Barrelfish source code in a
mercurial repository but have switched to a git repository as of
release2014-11-06. You can browse our repository online by visiting
http://git.barrelfish.org/.

In order to clone the git repository, you can use the following command:

git clone git://git.barrelfish.org/git/barrelfish

Cheers,
-- Simon